Sapporo city is a twin town of the Capital of Siberia for over 25 years.
Within this period Novosibirsk citizens become more involved and interested in learning Japanese language.
Novosibirsk supports this interest offering new programs and courses of Japanese language and co-joined seminars, sport events, trainings, exchange programs within different spheres of life and education and cultural enrichment.
For example, in December 2014, 10 students from NSUEM, headed by Olga Novikova senior lector of foreign language academic department visited Japan with the reconnaissance visit. NSUEM delegation visited different Universities and examined educational system of the Land of the Rising Sun.
On the 26th of June 2015 NSUEM received a return visit. The main object of the event is international cooperation development.
- Khirosi Ikeda - head of the international department, Center of International relations in Sapporo;
- Goity Ivaoka - head of the sector in charge of Sapporo-Novosibirsk relations, City-hall International Department;
- Ottaka - Center of International relations in Sapporo;
- Masanao Takeda, honored professor of Hokkai Gakuen University, scientist-Russianist, President of the friendship society "Japan - Eurasia countries";
- 12 Sapporo honorable citizens;
- Representatives of MCC "Sibir-Hokkaido"